Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gamma Bros.


Oops, it's been almost a week...sorry, I've been busy lately. But I'm back, and I'll be better from now on, I promise! Anyways, I guess I've been feeling in a retro mood lately as far as gaming goes; last time I suggested you play Zork, which was actually an old game, and this entry I suggest you play Gamma Bros, which only seems like an old game. The folks over at Pixeljam Games have decided to take the graphically challenged space shooter thing and run with it, and they've miraculously put together quite a great game!

You know that I really like simple games that are just about the gameplay, and Gamma Bros delivers - the controls are merely the arrow pad and WASD. It's a vanilla space shooter, with the usual assortment of bad guys, powerups, and weapons, but it's strangely compelling, I don't know why. Give it a shot, you'll probably spend far more time on it than you intended to! Just a warning - it does start off a little slow, but trust me, if you hold on for a few minutes you'll really start to like it.

No comments: